Continuous Casting with Dual Line Greasing System
Typical Characteristics of Casting application:
- Slow rotation,
- High temperatures
- Corrosive process water ingress.
Dropsa has brought innovation to Grease system design, reliability and monitoring to traditional Casting applications. In this application example – a traditional grease system – high reliability and ease of maintenance was achieved by using both modular pump package and modular divider valves. A flow monitoring system allows the user to know exactly how much grease is being injected in each segment of the machine
- Total Number of Points: from 300 to 400
- Total Number of Segments: from 12 to 36
- Lubricant : NLGI-2; KHC25
- Grease Volume per cycle: 1÷cc/stroke
- Operating Frequency: min: 30 min, max: 1h
- Length of system: 25÷30mt
This case application was implemented using :
- High reliability pump package solution with built in redundancy for 24 hour operation.
- Easy swap out of pump modules on maintenance schedules
- Quick, reliable and clean change-out of divider valves during maintenance
- flexibility in design and increased performance over traditional and competitor products
- A flow monitoring panel that gives electronic monitoring of the volume of grease injection during each lubrication cycle
- Flow monitoring provides grease consumptions for each segment.
- Quick diagnostic of any potential problems.