The Automatic Lubrication System, often referred as ALS or centralized lubrication system; essentially comprises of a timer or a controller, a pump & a reservoir, metering valves, supply fittings and numerous feed lines. The Automatic Lubrication System or the Centralized Lubrication System enables the distribution of a stipulated volume of lubricant to the compound, specified parts and locations in the machine, during the machine’s functioning.
Why Automatic Lubrication System?
An equipment or machine requires lubrication from time to time in order to enhance the performance of the immovable or mobile equipment. However, due to several human or physical limitations, makes the timely lubrication quite difficult. Thus in order to avoid the delay, an Automatic Lubrication System is used which enables lubrication at specified time intervals. The Auto Lube System carries out this function of lubrication on its own in an optimal and enhanceable manner.
Components of an Automatic Lubrication System?
The Automatic or Central Lubrication System comprises of a timer/controller, a supply line, a reservoir & pump, metering valves/ injections & feed lines.
- Timer/ Controller: This component is the most pivotal part of the Auto Lube system. It activates the Central Lubrication System.
- Reservoir & Pump: The reservoir stores the lubricant in the system and the pump provides the lubricant to the different parts of the machine.
- Supply Line: The supply lines are the pipes that connect the pump to the various metering valves and injections.
- Metering Valves/ Injectors: The metering valves or injectors measure and dispense the lubricant to the different points and parts of application.
- Feed Lines: these lines interconnect the metering valves & injectors to the innumerable parts or application.
How does an Automatic Lubrication System Benefit?
Manual lubrication includes innumerable hindrances that could be overcome by using an Automatic Lubrication System. A Central Lubrication System has the following advantages that the manual lubrication system lacks:
- Due to the wide access of feed lines, lubrication is available for all the essential parts of application in spite of their remote location.
- The functioning of the machine need not be halted for the lubrication. The Auto lube System lubricates the machine without causing a cease in its functioning.
- The Central Lubrication System safeguards an essential & ensured lubrication which thereby assures incessant operation of the machinery.
- Normally when we conduct manual lubrication, a subsequent amount of lubricant is usually wasted. However, an Auto Lubrication System ensures that only the specified, measured amount of lubricant that is essentially required is used.
- Using a Central Lubrication System is very mess-free and clutter free. It is safe and automated which thus means no manual strain and efforts.
- Since the Auto Lubrication System include very little friction, there is consequently lower energy consumption; which makes it cost and energy effective.
- The timely lubrication enables better functioning of the machine which safeguards the parts from frequent breakdown & downtime.